Who is eligible?
- Films must have been made in New York State.
- Filmmakers must be a High School student, College student or Emerging filmmakers 30 and under.
- Films must have be completed anytime after March 2020.
- Entrants can submit as many projects as they like (within the completion time).
- All submissions must be 100% original.
- All student submissions must be 100% student produced (faculty supervision is allowed).
What are the categories?
- Short Documentary (under 10 minutes)
- 2:30 to 10 minutes in length
- Long Documentary (between 10-30 minutes)
- 10 to 30 minutes in length
- Filmmakers may submit a live-action narrative short film under 15 minutes.
- Short Animation
- Filmmakers may submit an animated short film under 5 minutes.
What is the submission fee?
The submission fee for each category is $10 per entry.
What is the deadline to submit?
The submission deadline ends June 1, 2021.
We have extended the deadline to July 1, 2021!
When are the official selections announced?
The official selections will be announced Oct. 1, 2021.
When and where is the festival?
The screening will take place virtually on November 1, 2021 due to the uncertainty of COVID-19.
How do I submit my film?
Film submissions must be made online through FilmFreeway. We do not accept DVDs or email submissions. We do not accept works in progress.
Can I submit more than one film?
Yes! As long as they were made after March 2020, you can submit as many films as you’d like!
I’m over 30, but I’m a student. Can I still submit?
YES! Students of any age are welcome to submit their films.
My film has been featured in other film festivals and is available online. Can I submit to Cayuga Film Festival?