Who is eligible?
- Films must have been made in New York State.
- Films must have be completed between July 2022-July-2023.
- Filmmakers can submit as many projects as they like within the completion time.
- No entry may be submitted into more than one category.
- All submissions must be 100% original.
- All student submissions must be 100% student produced (faculty supervision is allowed).
What are the categories?
- Short Documentary (under 10 minutes)
- 2:30 to 10 minutes in length
- Long Documentary (between 10-30 minutes)
- 10 to 30 minutes in length
- Filmmakers may submit a live-action narrative short film under 15 minutes.
- Filmmakers may submit an experimental piece under 15 minutes.
- Short Animation
- Filmmakers may submit an animated short film under 5 minutes.
What is the submission fee?
High School Category: Free!
College, Emerging, Open Category: $15
High School Category: $10
College, Emerging, Open Category: $20
What is the deadline to submit?
The submission deadline ends July 1, 2023.
When are the official selections announced?
The official selections will be announced Oct. 1, 2023.
When and where is the festival?
The screening will take place at Auburn Public Theater on November 4, 2023 followed by an award ceremony for the filmmakers.
Filmmakers from the 2021 season are invited to come back as well!
How do I submit my film?
Film submissions must be made online through FilmFreeway.
We do not accept DVDs or email submissions.
We do not accept works in progress.
Can I submit more than one film?
Yes! As long as they were made after July 2022 you can submit as many films as you’d like!
Can anyone of any age submit?
YES! College students of any age can submit in the college category.
Filmmakers who independently produce (without help from a college/university) their film that are younger than 30 years old should submit to the Emerging category.
Filmmakers who independently produce (without help from a college/university) their film who are older than 30 years of age can submit in the open category.